Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Common Warthog Exhibit (New Fencing)

March 17th, 2019.

Common Warthog Exhibit (New Fencing)
snowleopard, 22 Mar 2019
CMP likes this.
    • snowleopard
      This exhibit originally held African Wild Dogs and for close to 20 years had a rustic, wooden fence that meshed well with the African theme of this part of the zoo. Now the zoo has put up green metal poles that don't look nearly as impressive and natural. Sometimes it can be the tiny details when it comes to immersive exhibits and thus the new style of containment (which is really just to keep visitors out as there is a steep drop beyond the overlook) is disappointing.

Here is a photo that shows part of the original fencing:

African Savanna - Warthog Exhibit | ZooChat
    • StoppableSan
      @snowleopard Honestly, I can see this being a new leopard facility as per the original master plan. (I rave about it ad nauseum but it's simply amazing with regards to its ambition). I'd replace some of the mudbanks with granite kopjes, net the entire habitat and add a massive robinia tree in the center. Warthogs were supposed to be on the main savanna but for some reason were omitted. Too destructive?
      snowleopard likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Woodland Park Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    22 Mar 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3888px
    Aperture:
    f/3.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS
    Date / Time:
    2019:03:17 13:18:40
    Exposure Time:
    1/320 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    4.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).