Join our zoo community
jayjds2

Cow/domestic livestock enclosure

Formerly home to an elephant, now a cow, llama, and camel (I think). October 7, 2019

Cow/domestic livestock enclosure
jayjds2, 7 Oct 2019
    • snowleopard
      Now there is something that I've likely never seen before...a cow in a former elephant paddock. Wow!
      StoppableSan likes this.
    • jayjds2
      I knew it was coming, but it was still almost laughable. There are barnyard areas of the zoo but I guess the cow got the big digs!
    • Arizona Docent
      Well female elephants are know as cows! :p
    • StoppableSan
      @snowleopard This was originally built for an elephant named Sonny, who constantly escaped a zoo in New Mexico to the point of the keeper-staff considering euthanasia. After Sonny lived the rest of his days here (tragically dying just a few years after his arrival) the yard was (maybe still is) home to a camel named Princess, best known for her superbowl picks. I think she's still there, I'll have to check. Now there's... a cow and a llama as well.
      snowleopard likes this.
    • AJ the TZ Guy
      @StoppableSan I know this response is a couple years late, but sadly, Princess died in 2014 :c
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Popcorn Park Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    jayjds2
    Date:
    7 Oct 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    4.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).