Join our zoo community
ThylacineAlive

Crimson-Rumped Toucanet

Crimson-Rumped Toucanet
ThylacineAlive, 19 Sep 2013
KevinB, Summer Tanager and ZooBinh like this.
    • ThylacineAlive
      Explorer's Aviary- Yellow-Browed Toucanet. August 4, 2013. Now someone like me may look at this bird and say, "Oh look! A Green Aracari" But then, when you see some other aracaris and ask what they are and you get told that they are really Green Aracaris despite having like no green on them!
    • TeaLovingDave
      This is one of the Green Toucanet compex (Aulacorhynchus sp) but I am unsure which species - most likely Yellow-browed Toucanet (Aulacorhynchus huallagae)
    • ThylacineAlive
      Can anyone confirm this? Thanks for the IDs, by the way.

~Thylo:cool:
    • bongorob
      My illustration of A.hullagene resembles the bird in your photo.

pale stripe above and partially behind the eye, white band at base of bill, slightly darker on the head.

There is no white chin or light blue band on the chest, could it be an immature specimen?
    • ThylacineAlive
      I see a light blue band across the chest:p

I agree that this bird does look a lot like A. hullagene but I was skeptical because of the lack of the white chin (could simply not be visible here) and the fact that the wing tips and tail tip look to be black to me, while the illustration on Wikipedia appears red.

~Thylo:cool:
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Discovery Cove
    Uploaded By:
    ThylacineAlive
    Date:
    19 Sep 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    88.6 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    640px
    Height:
    480px
    Aperture:
    f/4.9
    Make:
    GENERAL IMAGING CO.
    Model:
    X550
    Date / Time:
    2013:08:04 22:05:12
    Exposure Time:
    10/300 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 394
    Focal Length:
    32.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).