Join our zoo community
d1am0ndback

Crocodile (Moreletes?) in "exhibit"

Shockingly small, but there appears to be construction to what could be a new exhibit for this guy, which they need since I don't think it will physically fit in this container for much longer. (It barely can now)

Crocodile (Moreletes?) in "exhibit"
d1am0ndback, 27 Feb 2017
    • drill
      Madagascar nile crocodile according to zooinstitutes
    • d1am0ndback
      @drill They have a large madagascar nile in a larger outdoor pen with a pond. I believe this is a moreletes.
    • drill
      @d1am0ndback i found nothing about morelets on zooinstitutes or their horrible website
    • d1am0ndback
      @drill The main reason I believe it's a moreletes crocodile is because others have posted pictures of a juvenile, much smaller at the time, in the same part of the zoo. It also resembles on to me but this zoo was very very bad about labeling things.
    • drill
      @d1am0ndback have had similar experiences at similar zoos is the possibility of a siamese crocodile put of question i went to a private reptile zoo in Illinois that had siamese and gave them to a zoo in Texas.
    • d1am0ndback
      @drill This has potential to be siamese, as the animal world and snake farm zoo an hour away keeps Siamese crocodiles and trades animals with them. I think it is much more likely that the snake farm received that Siamese, and that the capital of texas zoo is keeping the jouvenile moreletes they have had (moreletes according to what people on zoochat have said)
    • jayjds2
      @d1am0ndback's identification of Morelet's is correct. Zooinstitutes is unreliable and outdated at best, as is the zoo's website. The zoo does keep Madagascar crocodile, but in a different area.

Siamese crocodiles are kept in several zoos in Texas. It's a big state.
    • drill
      @jayjds2 the zooinstitutes was from July 2016
    • drill
    • jayjds2
      @drill the zoo kept Morelet's in July 2016. Again, it is unreliable.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Capital of Texas Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    d1am0ndback
    Date:
    27 Feb 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.3 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px
    Aperture:
    f/1.7
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SAMSUNG-SM-G930A
    Date / Time:
    2017:02:26 13:22:12
    Exposure Time:
    1/40 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    4.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).