Cuban Anole (wild)

April 2012

Cuban Anole (wild)
Hix, 9 Apr 2012
David Matos Mendes likes this.
    • Hix
      April 2012
    • Blackduiker
      I spotted one of these guys while visiting the Honolulu Zoo back in 2002 as well (Hawaii has no native lizards or snakes). Its amazing the introduced species found on the islands, including wild mongoose that have caused havoc to some of the native species.
    • Hix
      One of the Zoo Keepers was telling me the zoo used to have Green Anoles common through out the zoo, a much larger species. Several years ago the Cubans turned up and in a short space of time (a couple of years) all the Greens had vanished and they haven't been seen in the zoo since. The Cubans are apparently an aggressive little species - I moved my finger toward one to prompt him to move slightly so I could get a better a shot of him, and instead he tried to bite me!
    • Blackduiker
      Blackduiker

Come to think of it, on second thought it was more likely a Green Anole I saw back in 2002 being that it was green.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Honolulu Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Hix
    Date:
    9 Apr 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    126.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1024px
    Height:
    683px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).