Join our zoo community
Kakapo

Datnioides microlepis

a nearly extinct species, but this fact is almost unknown by aquarist and zoolovers... this species needs a recovery plan NOW! Mekong River section

Datnioides microlepis
Kakapo, 12 Oct 2016
    • Kakapo
      a nearly extinct species, but this fact is almost unknown by aquarist and zoolovers... this species needs a recovery plan NOW!
      Mekong River section
    • vogelcommando
      Does the Zaragoza Aquarium has the potential to breed them, in other words, how many do they have ?
    • Kakapo
      Numbers are enough for breed I assume (I think there are about 5-6 specimens), but breeding is not all about numbers. This species never sas been breeded in captivity anywhere, I think. Maybe the exact conditions of temperature change, chemical change of the water, change of the level of water, change on the food, etc etc etc. necessary for stimulate breeding, are still unknow for this species.
    • vogelcommando
      I see, thank you for the info Kakapo. I however meaned, if you have one single specimen, you can be sure not able to breed it ( at least in most cases ;0 ) !
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Acuario de Zaragoza
    Uploaded By:
    Kakapo
    Date:
    12 Oct 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    91.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    693px
    Height:
    500px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).