Desert Dome - Reptile Terrariums

July 6th, 2012.

Desert Dome - Reptile Terrariums
snowleopard, 22 Aug 2012
    • snowleopard
      July 6th, 2012.
    • snowleopard
      An excerpt from my 2012 review:

There are plenty of terrariums in Exploration Station, Expedition Madagascar, Lied Jungle, Desert Dome and Kingdoms of the Night and all combined my best estimate would be that the zoo has around 110 exhibits of reptiles and amphibians in those 5 buildings. By my calculations that is quite possibly more than zoos in Fort Worth, Dallas, Detroit or San Diego, and I’m now curious if any American zoo can match Omaha in this department. Maybe Saint Louis? Since there is not a stand-alone, specific Reptile House in Omaha it is easy to walk away from a visit not realizing the sheer volume of reptile and amphibian terrariums, but because I was conscience of exploring that idea I am a little shocked to find that Omaha might be #1 in yet another category. With its 110 exhibits it has a vast collection, but a major complaint of mine would be the very poor signage as on many terrariums there is only the common name and the Latin name of a reptile or amphibian and nothing else!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    22 Aug 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    227.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-ZS5
    Date / Time:
    2012:07:06 11:45:13
    Exposure Time:
    10/100 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    4.1 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).