Join our zoo community
Deer Forest2

Elephant enclosure

Elephant enclosure
Deer Forest2, 30 Aug 2014
    • Kifaru Bwana
      It seems the elephant with the festered foot is relieving itself from putting pressure on it.

If zoo vet and animal care team would intervene it might be treatable for now … However, if not … this elephant will surely die from foot rot or arthritis and infected forelimb.
    • Deer Forest
      [​IMG]

The zoo has began to train the elephant for foot care, but it will be a long term to make the elephant cooperate. At least now the feet get cleaning and medication every day. We hope the girl Xin Xin good luck!
    • pachyderm pro
      Bloody Hell! I've never seen anything so disgraceful in my life! These elephants look terribly underweight and judging by the one to the left's foot, it would surprise me if both individuals are deceased.
    • FunkyGibbon
      This is really the most disgraceful thing you've seen in your life? I'm jealous of you.
      I'm not a professional in pachyderms either but I fail to see why you would describe them as terribly underweight.
    • pachyderm pro
      What I should have said is most disgraceful zoo enclosure in my life.
      It looks as if the elephants are skinnier compared to most I have seen. Maybe not awfully underweight but certainly could use some more meat on the bones
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Badaling Wildlife Park
    Uploaded By:
    Deer Forest2
    Date:
    30 Aug 2014
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    268.5 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1599px
    Height:
    1212px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S6500fd
    Date / Time:
    2014:08:29 16:53:43
    Exposure Time:
    10/450 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    6.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).