Join our zoo community
mstickmanp

Elephants of Asia Plaza exhibit

There was a new tree that was planted in the exhibit.

Elephants of Asia Plaza exhibit
mstickmanp, 23 Oct 2011
    • mstickmanp
      There was a new tree that was planted in the exhibit.
    • Arizona Docent
      San Diego, please take note...
    • DavidBrown
      It's going to take a few years for the vegetation to grow up and fill in around the exhibit, but I like this exhibit more every time I see it. The elephants are usually active. Of course we can't read their minds and know that they are happy (PETA et al. would argue that they definitely aren't) but in the moments I have seen them playing in the waterfall or the ponds, they seem happy.
    • mstickmanp
      Of all the yards, this one had no shade whatsoever, so I'm glad they decided to plant the tree in it. Overall, the exhibit looks way better than how it looked when it opened. All the vegetation around and in the exhibit is growing nicely. The grass also started to regrow, although it's not as lush as when the exhibit opened. After this year's winter rains, I can't wait to see how lush it will be next spring/summer, not to mention the next couple of years!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Los Angeles Zoo & Botanical Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    mstickmanp
    Date:
    23 Oct 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    414 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    SONY
    Model:
    DSC-H9
    Date / Time:
    2011:10:22 15:31:11
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    5.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).