Entrance Sign

April 2009.

Entrance Sign
snowleopard, 27 Apr 2009
    • snowleopard
      April 2009.
    • drzoomi
      Hey Scott,

Is it a roadside zoo or accridate in AZA? where is it?
      some ot the "exhibits" are more a cages than exhibits.
      i realy liked the sculptures!
    • reduakari
      This place would fit right in with all the crap British zoos that have popped up on the Gallery lately. It is amazing it can survive in the Pacific Northwest where there are so many really good zoos, AND such a strong animal rights consciousness. Just goes to show that for many people just seeing exotic animals up close is an experience that can justify--for them--an otherwise pointless display of a "collector's mentality."
    • snowleopard
      Hey Shai: The zoo is ZAA accredited (Zoological Association of America) but not AZA accredited. It has been around since 1972, is just slightly east of Seattle, and I posted a review of it under its own thread in the ZooChat forums. I wasn't even aware of the zoo's existence until a few months ago, and the collection is extremely tiny.
    • reduakari
      ZAA Accreditation means very little. Take a look at that organization's website to see what they stand for...it's the zoo world equivalent of the NRA (that's the National Rifle Association for non-US readers--a very powerful group of people who defend private gun ownership)
    • drzoomi
      i don't agree with you....at all. i wonder why your opinion is so bad.....
    • drzoomi
      i take it back - i didnt understand what you wrote...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cougar Mountain Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    27 Apr 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: