Join our zoo community
Toddy

Erfurt Zoo - Lion Savannah

The indoor exhibit for lions in the Savannah house in the Lion Savannah theme in Thüringer Zoopark Erfurt. An unusually spacious indoor exhibit for big cats. July 2008

Erfurt Zoo - Lion Savannah
Toddy, 6 Jan 2009
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • Toddy
      The indoor exhibit for lions in the Savannah house in the Lion Savannah theme in Thüringer Zoopark Erfurt. An unusually spacious indoor exhibit for big cats.
      July 2008
    • Dan
      That´s nice! Also, I´m a big fan of glass walls that let lots of natural light into a building and make it possible for the animals to look out from the building. I´d like to believe that almost all species would be enriched by that.
    • Sun Wukong
      Too many glass walls aren't optimal, either (danger of injury especially in flighty animals, overheating/loss of heat, more work for the staff to keep them clean...)-see Liberec Zoo...And about "natural" light: normal glass filters off quite an amount of the sunlight spectrum-not visibly for human eyes, but visibly (and important!) for other species, especially birds and reptiles.
    • Toddy
      Nonetheless, I too believe that the lions benefit a lot from being able to look out on the world from the two glass segments in this exhibit facing the outdoor exhibits.
    • Sun Wukong
      Why not ask them? ;)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Thüringer Zoo Park Erfurt
    Uploaded By:
    Toddy
    Date:
    6 Jan 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    217.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1154px
    Height:
    865px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    E-510
    Date / Time:
    2008:06:29 16:54:48
    Exposure Time:
    1/60 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    14 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).