Join our zoo community
mhale

European brown bear enclosure at Blair Drummond Safari Park, 19 May 2010

European brown bear enclosure at Blair Drummond Safari Park, 19 May 2010
mhale, 20 May 2010
    • Vulpes
      Is this a young bear? Where did he come from? I was not aware that Blair Drummond kept bear!
    • Maguari
    • Vulpes
      I missed this completely! Did they always have bear or was this a new young pair? do you know where they came from?
    • Maguari
      Both - they have kept bears for years but the old group died out and the pair that bred only arrived in recent times after a short bearless gap of a year or so (for the 2010 season(?) - they weren't there in 2009 according to kiang's photo in the gallery).
    • kiang
      I believe the original brown bears came from the now closed Windsor safari park and the enclosure construction was funded by a dowry provided by the former owners.
    • mhale
      The bear in the background of the photo is the male Bull (now renamed Homer) who came from Orsa. He was later joined by the female Nelly (now renamed Marge) who also came from Orsa. Their male cub is called Loki and he was born early this year.
    • Vulpes
      Very interesting! thanks for the information guys
    • sooty mangabey
      When did the bears leave the collection? And where was this enclosure? Was it where the current tiger exhibit is located?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Blair Drummond Safari & Adventure Park
    Uploaded By:
    mhale
    Date:
    20 May 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: