Join our zoo community
NRJMelvinT

Fish ID

Aquarium de la Porte Dorée (France)

Fish ID
NRJMelvinT, 5 Dec 2020
    • Greenshank
    • CheeseChameleon1945
      @Greenshank Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy are you so good at this? :(:(:mad::mad: Ah, who am I kidding your probably right.
    • Greenshank
      @CheeseChameleon2007 because I've spent far more of my life looking at marine fish than is the healthy recommended amount. This is one of those species where nearly all the ones we see in aquaria (and most pictures in books) are the females/initial phase with the adult males like this one being only rarely seen (they don't ship well apparently so are usually old females that have 'changed' them being sequential hermaphrodites and all)
      Great Argus likes this.
    • CheeseChameleon1945
      @Greenshank I'm so stupid. I'll delete my first post because it makes me sound so incredibly dumb.
    • Greenshank
      @CheeseChameleon2007 not stupid at all (and remember no one knows its you!) , sorry if I came across rude I was very tired. Everyone makes mistakes, that is how you learn and my knowledge of reef fish is not infallible either! In my experiences, wrasses cause more identification problems than any of the other common reef fish families as there are tons of species and juveniles, initial phase and terminal phase individuals can look very different and you also get transitional individuals. Let me know if you'd like me to explain how one would get to the answer
    • NRJMelvinT
      Thank you very much !
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Animal or Zoo Identification
    Uploaded By:
    NRJMelvinT
    Date:
    5 Dec 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    208.7 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1620px
    Height:
    1080px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).