Join our zoo community
WhistlingKite24

Fish IDs?

I am seeking an ID on the yellow and red (wrasse?) fish. Sea Life Sunshine Coast

Fish IDs?
WhistlingKite24, 12 Jul 2019
    • DelacoursLangur
      Red Coris Wrasse, these are all quite common aquarium fish you should be able to google it yourself.
    • Great Argus
    • DelacoursLangur
      @Great Argus I guess thats fair, I just saw this person post a number of photos none with ID and thought I should give them a friendly suggestion. Im fine with ID'ing, in fact I generally enjoy it. However the poster already seemed to be on the path to identifying most of the species, just hadnt taken the final step.

Cheers
      Great Argus likes this.
    • WhistlingKite24
      @DelacoursLangur When I require a fish ID I am usually able to use a fish book/website or ask the aquarium to identify them.
      The few species that I’m not sure about (or have my doubts about) I post on ZooChat.
      I am the first to admit that I’m no fish expert and I appreciate any help received.:)
    • DelacoursLangur
      @WhistlingKite24 Nor am I, I just know the flashy fish commonly found in the aquarium hobby. Fish can be quite tricky to identify, infact I would say cichlids are among the most unidentified species on this forum.
    • Great Argus
    • Simon Hampel
      @DelacoursLangur - I would just like to point out Rule #5, point 2 in the section "Add Value" which reads "For common questions, simply telling someone to "do a search" is not acceptable. Answer their question or direct them to the actual thread or post where the answers can be found."
    • DelacoursLangur
      @Simon Hampel I agree generally with this rule. However in this case googling what he described it as would have literally given him the ID in the first result.

"I am seeking an ID on the yellow and red (wrasse?) fish."

Go ahead and search "yellow and red wrasse", the first thing that pops up is a store selling Red Coris Wrasse...
    • Simon Hampel
      My point remains - if it was so easy for you to do, then go ahead and do it yourself and add value.
    • DelacoursLangur
      My post did "add value", I identified all of his species. However I also encouraged them to take that final step in identifying the species. I did both, their is no rule against encouraging people, only against dismissing people in posts lacking content.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Animal or Zoo Identification
    Uploaded By:
    WhistlingKite24
    Date:
    12 Jul 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4200px
    Height:
    2801px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 200D
    Date / Time:
    2019:07:11 12:44:20
    Exposure Time:
    1/320 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 6400
    Focal Length:
    55 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).