Join our zoo community
Bele

Flying gurnard

Seen at the Marine Aquarium , Banyuls-sur-Mer . Fast moving fish , unfortunately I did not manage to get a clear photo . I did not originally intend to down load these .

Flying gurnard
Bele, 20 Nov 2012
    • Bele
      Seen at the Marine Aquarium , Banyuls-sur-Mer . Fast moving fish , unfortunately I did not manage to get a clear photo . I did not originally intend to down load these .
    • DavidBrown
      Thanks for uploading the photo. You can see their elongated gliding fins very clearly. Do they have this tank set up so that you can see them gliding, or is there not really an opportunity for them to glide?
    • filipinos
    • Chlidonias
      flying gurnards are not the same as flying fish. They are largely benthic fish, not surface-dwellers. There are only anecdotal accounts of them gliding through the air, and it seems unlikely that they would actually do so. They are pretty easy to keep in tanks, unlike flying fish apparently.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    France - Other
    Uploaded By:
    Bele
    Date:
    20 Nov 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    232 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.5
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ3
    Date / Time:
    2012:10:02 21:05:11
    Exposure Time:
    10/130 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    5.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).