Gorilla Adventure - ugh!

August 4th, 2019

Gorilla Adventure - ugh!
snowleopard, 10 Aug 2019
German Zoo World likes this.
    • Mr Gharial
      Why the "Ugh!"?
    • snowleopard
      @Mr Gharial This is a divisive exhibit, with a few people liking it but many more thinking that it is an aesthetically disappointing enclosure and very poor for visitors. There might be some benefits for the gorillas in terms of privacy, but I was quite harsh on my Snowleopard's 2019 Road Trip thread:

"One major issue is that I hated Gorilla Adventure, a new area that only just opened in 2013. I’m not sure how many gorillas there are as I could barely see any! There is a massive building, truly dominating the middle section of the zoo, that has a totally bizarre, cave-like entrance and lots of windows with glare and steel and metal in all directions. The exhibit is long and narrow, with awkward viewing indoors as there are portals as if visitors are on a vast ship. The problem is that those little viewing windows get clogged with visitors, or there is just enough space to see a few gorillas but if they move out of view then you’ve got to walk down to the next portal. It’s a unique, bizarre setup and even with Roloway Monkeys there lacks a significant, large-scale viewing area for the public. Seeing gorillas in little snippets here and there is awful and Gorilla Adventure is a total bust. There is no way that huge building is going to look good in 20 years as it’s almost like an outdoor, entirely-covered Tropic World and we all know how that turned out."
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Ouwehands Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    10 Aug 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    6.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3888px
    Aperture:
    f/3.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon PowerShot ELPH 360 HS
    Date / Time:
    2019:08:04 06:58:30
    Exposure Time:
    1/640 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    4.5 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).