Join our zoo community
mweb08

Gorilla exhibit

Gorilla exhibit
mweb08, 5 Sep 2009
    • foz
      This has got to be the most bare gorilla exhibit ever! I mean its just a field. please correct me if i'm wrong but i'm just judging from what i can see.
    • phoenix
      i can hear the jungle drums......
    • mweb08
      There's a couple trees and the wired off plant area. Some other gorilla exhibits are similar to this, they just have a few more hot wired plants/trees.
    • snowleopard
      The Philly gorilla enclosure has an outdoor yard, which is more than can be said for places like Franklin Park and Brookfield, but it must be one of the WORST outdoor yards for gorillas in North America.;)
    • phoenix
      no dead tees for climbing, virtually no trees or shrubs.... just neatly mowed lawn!

its rather bizarre really.

i hate the lawn thing in gorilla exhibits. talk about a killer of naturalistic effect. especially when the grass isn't left to grow tall and weedy.
    • Meaghan Edwards
      Strong urge to create sturdy, realistic fake trees and plant more real trees that they can utilize rising :p
    • hadrada
      Awful...simple as. :(
      Beastking04 likes this.
    • DavidBrown
      Fore! Do they get a putting range too?
    • Gilgamesh
      Looks more like a yard for zebras or antelope or somethin not gorillas!
    • GraysonDP
      Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Jacksonville and Philadelphia all have fields devoid of any naturalism and little enrichment for their gorillas and all are among the worst gorilla exhibits I've seen. National is not much better and neither is Toledo.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Philadelphia Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    mweb08
    Date:
    5 Sep 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count: