zoo chp89

guldborgsund zoo

guldborgsund zoo

guldborgsund zoo
zoo chp89, 26 May 2011
    • zoo chp89
      guldborgsund zoo
    • Arizona Docent
      I hope there is a lot more to the tiger exhibit than what is shown here.
    • Hvedekorn
      Why have you taken these photos of Guldborgsund Zoo from zoos.dk? If you have got the permission, then I'll say sorry and stay out of this, but I'm not sure that you can just upload other people's pictures, especially if the people in question are members of ZooChat.
    • Toddy
      @zoo chp89: I am affraid that I must ask you to stop uploading photos that you do not own. In this case these from Gulborgsund Zoo are from my website Zoos.dk and all copyright protected. Obviously, I woulden't get Sim in trouble for this but someone else might so please only upload your own photos or ones that you have been given permission to do so.

@Hvedekorn: Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I hadn't noticed these photos on ZooChat.
    • Toddy
      @Arizona Docent: I am affraid not! You are looking at what is absolutely one of the worst tiger exhibits in Europe. There is a small platform, a wooden log and a very small pool and the exhibit itself is only 10 X 18 meters in size. That is is it.

[​IMG]
    • Baldur
      This forum is full of stolen images and SIM would have his hands full of lawsuits if all the zoos/individuals who own those pictures knew about it and could be bothered to sue him and the site.

I used to be a guidebook collector and had a website where I showed scanned covers from my collection; a fellow zoo enthusiast told me that it was probably on the brink of being legal but I was convinced that as long as I didn't publish what was inside them, it would be OK so I kept it going. There was the title and other information on the cover so everyone could see the image wasn't mine, but it would have been different if I had published the pictures inside the guidebooks.

Zebraduiker/Tarsius has uploaded many pictures from old guidebooks that are no doubt still copyright protected. And most or all the pictures in the Clacton Pier Dolphinarium gallery were uploaded by Catman (who was born long after the place closed, need I say more?) I reported them but they are still up, so why should I care if the administator doesn't care. After all, it is his website and his to fight at the end of the day, should there be a lawsuit.
    • Toddy
      Nonetheless, I still feel that we should all do our part in avoiding those circumstances, especially because "doing our part" means doing nothing at all. Just don't upload photos that are not yours to upload.

Also, the reason that I am complaining here is because the photo in question is copyright protected as mine. It is not a very good photo but it is the principle that counts.
    • Baldur
      This is true; I don't want people uploading others' pictures here, interesting as they otherwise may be. As I said, I reported a few, but they're still there, so why should I continue to report them if nothing gets done.

I scanned a whole lot of interesting pictures from my guidebooks before selling them off. I could upload them, and would get away with it, but I won't, because they're not mine.

And I do understand your anger, Toddy.
    • Hvedekorn
      By the way, they have expanded the tiger exhibit from what is shown at the pictures. It's still a bad exhibit for sure, but at least it's not a prison cell anymore.
    • Toddy
      Now, that sounds interesting. Do you have any photos?
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Guldborgsund Zoo and Botanisk Have
    Uploaded By:
    zoo chp89
    Date:
    26 May 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    65.1 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    540px
    Height:
    405px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).