Join our zoo community
dean

gulls with rings

I took this shot yesterday of sea gulls in the garden 2 have rings one which i thinks is ablack headed gull is numberd, the other one has an open ring rather than a closed one, but I couldn't make out detalis. I wonder if I should report the number to some one, any ideas?

gulls with rings
dean, 8 Feb 2017
    • Gigit
      I saw a ringed gull at Paignton Zoo a few years ago and reported it after looking up the ID online. I can't remember which organisation I ended up contacting, but they were very interested and gave me the life history of the gull.
    • dean
      Ooh thanks Gigit I will do a search, it would be fun to know the history. \we always have alot of gulls around but only land when I put out an old chicken carcass or such., usually they just swoop down and grab beard etc on the wing.
    • dean
      Can any one tell me if the middle bird with yellow beak and legs a jouvinile or a sub species? and what the third one with the grey legs is?
    • Gigit
      The middle bird looks like an immature Black-headed gull. Not sure about the third one - immature Common or Herring?
    • gentle lemur
      I think that the one on the right of the photo is a common gull, the one on the left facing away from the camera is probably another one. I agree with you about the black-headeds.
    • dean
      Thanks folks I was thinking along those lines, I have made enquieries about the ringed one so will post any info i get.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    United Kingdom - Wildlife
    Uploaded By:
    dean
    Date:
    8 Feb 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3968px
    Height:
    2976px
    Aperture:
    f/3.2
    Make:
    OLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
    Model:
    STYLUS1,1s
    Date / Time:
    2017:02:07 13:44:15
    Exposure Time:
    1/400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    64.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).