Join our zoo community
Maguari

Historic Exhibit at Halle, 04/09/11

No idea what this originally held, but I suspect it wasn't always, as now, home to a rabbit...

Historic Exhibit at Halle, 04/09/11
Maguari, 6 Nov 2011
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • Maguari
      No idea what this originally held, but I suspect it wasn\'t always, as now, home to a rabbit...
    • ungulate nerd
      My guess would be that this enclosure probably held big cats, but yeah interesting how it holds domestic rabbits now, It almost reminds me of that exhibit at San Diego Zoo going from Sumatran rhinos then Bairds tapirs and Capybaras to then Domestic dogs
    • Maguari
      The scale and style of construction doesn't quite square with big cats - though wild dogs or medium cats (lynx, say) seem all too possible.
    • Animal
      And it was: Sunbears
    • Maguari
      Thanks Animal! That fits my feeling - not a very big carnivore but something nevertheless pretty chunky!
    • IanRRobinson
      Sun Bears seem often to have appalling accommodation inflicted upon them. Chessington in the 1970s kept a pair in a cage so small that it would have aroused complaints if it had held lemurs.
    • DavidBrown
      That's one of the Monty Python killer rabbits, right?
    • ungulate nerd
      Maybe what I should have said was wild cats instead of big cats, but Sun bears seem like they could have inhabited that cage, also good joke DavidBrown :D, I always enjoy your posts !!!
    • Maguari
      I don't think it can be - no way this cage would hold that in.
    • Brum
      Indeed, the bars vs the big pointy teeth = no contest! :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Halle
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    6 Nov 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    527.9 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S7000
    Date / Time:
    2011:09:04 12:48:51
    Exposure Time:
    10/1000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    7.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).