Join our zoo community
Beastking04

Hogle Zoo 1999 - African Savannah - Grevy's Zebras

The old African Savannah was located near Bear Grotto. It housed Grevy's Zebras, Springbok, Thompson's Gazelles, Guineafowl, Addax, and more. The zoo's Grevy's Zebra's died in 2010 from a mysterious illness. The Savannah was demolished and replaced in 2012 by Rocky Shores.

Hogle Zoo 1999 - African Savannah - Grevy's Zebras
Beastking04, 23 Feb 2017
UngulateNerd92 likes this.
    • UngulateNerd92
      I'll be honest, I actually prefer this old savannah to the Rocky Shores and the new savannah. One of my favorite sayings is that if it ain't broke, don't fix it. It is unfortunate that usually if an exhibit is 30 years or older, zoos have a knee-jerk reaction that it needs to be fixed. I actually prefer some of the older exhibits.
    • UngulateNerd92
      This mixed savannah held Addra gazelle (Nanger dama ruficollis) as well.
    • zoocentral
      @UngulateNerd92 Oh how I wish I had to seen the Addra gazelles in this exhibit. The herd was quite prolific having five calves! I like you MISS this exhibit. Hogle's antelope collection was so impressive: eland, blackbuck, waterbuck, sitatunga, Thompson's gazelle, Cuvier's gazelle, Addra gazelle, kudu, lowland nyala, and even suni! I may be missing some...but this collection gives the Safari Park a run for its money!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Hogle Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Beastking04
    Date:
    23 Feb 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    346.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1168px
    Height:
    795px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).