Join our zoo community
Casuarius_casuarius

Iconic Aldabra Tortoise

Iconic Aldabra Tortoise
    • Casuarius_casuarius
      There is a possibility that several members of the zoo's Aldabra tortoise group could be included in the future rainforest park's Indian Ocean-centred biodome that'll place a high emphasis on species of Madagascar's northwestern rainforests & the Mascarenes...

The tortoises could represent the extinct Mauritian Cylindraspis and Madagascan A. grandidieri & abrupta, as well as depict restoration efforts of ebony & rosewood forests with the help of reintroduced giant tortoises.
    • TheBirdMan
      @Casuarius_casuarius , there were never such plans; you seem to have a direct line of communication with WRS, yet many of your assumptions/statements are inaccurate. It seems some of them are more wishful thinking or your own suggestions, nothing wrong with that, but best not to word them as if they were confirmed possibilities / official statements.
    • Casuarius_casuarius
      @TheBirdMan My sincere apologies, this info was provided to me by an acquaintance. However, it now appears he had deceived me with false info.

Thought that by combining this news with some info on past Mascarene tortoises, it could provide fellow forum users some interesting facts about their lineage. Wasn't my intention to create misconceptions, and will be more careful & considerate of my actions going forward.
      TheBirdMan likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Singapore Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Casuarius_casuarius
    Date:
    6 Oct 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    12.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    5184px
    Height:
    3456px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 650D
    Date / Time:
    2020:03:06 14:18:59
    Exposure Time:
    1/1600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 5000
    Focal Length:
    135 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).