Join our zoo community
Arizona Docent

javelina in front of my stairwell

November 4, 2020, Tucson, Arizona

javelina in front of my stairwell
    • CheeseChameleon1945
      You are such a great photographer. Amazing shot!
    • Arizona Docent
    • Pleistohorse
      Nice shot! I lived in south Texas for 8 years and I’ve never managed to spot a Javelina in the wild. This animal is one of only three North American “Big Game” species north of Mexico to elude my spotting them. The other two are the Bighorn Sheep (primarily because I’ve spent so little time in their range) and the Mountain Lion (which I never expect to see in the wild anyway). Well, I guess you could add the Jaguar to the list as well. Great shot. It must be cool to have a group of them in your neighborhood.
    • Arizona Docent
      @Pleistohorse It is very cool. When I was moving into my new condo in the Tucson Mountains (about two months ago), a group was in the grass across from my building. They had a baby that had to be just a few days old. Of course you have moose in your yard, so you can't really complain about wildlife sightings! We both agree we would love to see a wild puma and likely never will (unless I fork over eight grand for one of the Chilean puma expeditions).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    United States - Wildlife
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    16 Nov 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    421.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    637px
    Aperture:
    f/4.5
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D850
    Date / Time:
    2020:11:04 22:18:56
    Exposure Time:
    10/600 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    200 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).