Join our zoo community
Moebelle

Jul. 2013 - Africa - African Plains

On June 29 the zoo opened ts largest exhibit ever, Africa. Africa will will be an 8 acre complex featuring the wild beauties of the African Savannah. 2008: Phase 1: Giraffe Ridge - Masai Giraffes 2010: Phase 2: Cheetah Encounter + Greater Flamingo 2013: Phase 3: Lions + Cheetahs 2014: Phase 4: Grevy\'s Zebras/Giant Elands/Gazelles/Ostriches/Crowned Cranes/Marabou Stork + Vulutures 2015: Phase 5: African Wild Dogs + Red River Hogs + Nile Crocodiles + Hippopotamuses

Jul. 2013 - Africa - African Plains
Moebelle, 5 Jul 2013
    • Moebelle
      On June 29 the zoo opened ts largest exhibit ever, Africa. Africa will will be an 8 acre complex featuring the wild beauties of the African Savannah.
      2008: Phase 1: Giraffe Ridge - Masai Giraffes
      2010: Phase 2: Cheetah Encounter + Greater Flamingo
      2013: Phase 3: Lions + Cheetahs
      2014: Phase 4: Grevy\\\'s Zebras/Giant Elands/Gazelles/Ostriches/Crowned Cranes/Marabou Stork + Vulutures
      2015: Phase 5: African Wild Dogs + Red River Hogs + Nile Crocodiles + Hippopotamuses
    • Moebelle
      The savannah will feature Grant’s gazelles, Lesser Kudu, Guineafowl, A new Zebra species, White-backed/Ruppell's Vultures (mixed), and Wildebeests.
    • uszoo
      - So this zoo will have two lion, zebra, and flamingo exhibits. That is ridiculous to build a new area of a zoo and not move any animals to the exhibit. This zoo is low on space anyway and having two exhibits for these species is just plain stupid. If the zebras do not mix well they should be sent away for a better behaved species.
    • Moebelle
      Maybe the zoo doesn't have any animals in line to replace the other species. Also the zoo has to have other lions in order to breed. They have as well two galago, emperor scorpion, macaw, aardvark, bearcat, and three potto exhibits.
    • zoofan75
      What about Eland?? Did they scrap those plans??
    • Moebelle
      I forgot to mention that the list is "subject to change"
    • zoofan75
      Oh, That's good then! I haven't seen eland since I've visited Disney.
    • Moebelle
      The last time the zoo had them was 2006-7 or maybe even earlier I think. I have a very,very, distant one second memory of them when I was a lot younger.
    • Zooplantman
      They were enormous
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden
    Uploaded By:
    Moebelle
    Date:
    5 Jul 2013
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    168.4 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1198px
    Height:
    673px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).