Join our zoo community
JigerofLemuria

Lisboa Zoo: circa 2008

Bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus)

Lisboa Zoo: circa 2008
JigerofLemuria, 1 Sep 2016
    • JigerofLemuria
      Bottlenose dolphins (Tursiops truncatus)
    • DavidBrown
      What year did the Lisbon Zoo stop exhibiting dolphins?
    • JigerofLemuria
      @DavidBrown According to the website, they're still exhibiting them, unless it's outdated...
    • lintworm
      @DavidBrown They were still there last year and I can't imagine that they faced them out...
    • JigerofLemuria
      @lintworm Who knows, with animal rights activists becoming quite powerful in western Europe, things are changing very rapidly.
    • lintworm
      @JigerofLemuria I think you give those idiots more credit than they deserve and certainly in Southern Europe they don't seem to have any real influence....
    • JigerofLemuria
      @lintworm Well, thanks to them, Barcelona Zoo will lose its dolphins, tigers, zebras, kangaroos, bears, etc. They want one whole half of the zoo to only be "Autochthonous animals" because "A tiger/kangaroo/hippo/any non-european animal isn't from here!!!!!". Basically, it's xenophobia disguised as anticolonialism, and our grass roots mayor Ada Colau is giving in to their outrageous demands.
    • DavidBrown
      Thanks, guys. I saw this picture of dolphins from 2008 and assumed that they were gone from the zoo; I must have mixed this up with Barcelona closing its dolphin exhibit down.
    • lintworm
      @JigerofLemuria I don't think that will happen anytime soon, given the amount of money involved in such kind of plans and the timescale that would be involved. Catalonia has bigger problems right now....
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Jardim Zoológico de Lisboa
    Uploaded By:
    JigerofLemuria
    Date:
    1 Sep 2016
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    258 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.2
    Make:
    Aiptek International Inc.
    Model:
    DV M2
    Date / Time:
    2007:12:31 11:37:56
    Exposure Time:
    1/474 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).