Join our zoo community
Sicarius

Long-tailed broadbill (Psarisomus dalhousiae)

private

Long-tailed broadbill (Psarisomus dalhousiae)
Sicarius, 21 Feb 2022
Pigeon, KevinB, TheGerenuk and 13 others like this.
    • Unenlagia90
      Wow, such nice! Broadbills are rare in European aviculture, I hope more people can breed broadbills.
    • Sicarius
      They are unfortunately very difficult to breed, I believe this species didn't have any successes yet.
    • Unenlagia90
      @Jo Kuyken Schönbrun have this species, I hope breeding successions can occur in there.
    • Unenlagia90
      @Jo Kuyken Lincoln Park Zoo also has breed broadbills
    • Unenlagia90
      @Jo Kuyken Here is the data from Schönbrunn;
      4 males, 3 females

I have no idea if they were victims of the illegal wildlife trade like Chester's Collared trogons, some of their native countries are hubs for traffickers.
    • Sicarius
      Yes, Schönbrunn got 7, according to Zootierliste. They are kept offshow. The species bred in Lincoln Park Zoo is not the one in my picture. The collared trogons in Chester were taken from a great breeder in the Netherlands, don't be too soon to judge the wildlife trade.
    • Unenlagia90
      @Jo Kuyken Really for Chester Zoo's Collared trogons not coming from Illegal traders like what they cited on their official website and Zootierliste saying that they were confiscated?
    • Sicarius
      Yes they were confiscated from a private breeder like mentioned above, but the guy was a great breeder of many other species. I think his paperwork was even done correctly, yet the police took the animals away. From Chester's point of view, you could say they are coming from the illegal wildlife trade.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Netherlands - Other
    Uploaded By:
    Sicarius
    Date:
    21 Feb 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4000px
    Height:
    4000px
    Aperture:
    f/9.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7100
    Date / Time:
    2019:12:01 10:40:13
    Exposure Time:
    10/2500 sec
    Focal Length:
    300 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).