Join our zoo community
cypher

Lynx

Ryan was pacing around the exhibit before taking a cat nap. No signs, or word, of the new kit or mother Ember.

Lynx
cypher, 22 Aug 2015
    • cypher
      Ryan was pacing around the exhibit before taking a cat nap. No signs, or word, of the new kit or mother Ember.
    • TZFan
      I do wonder what the hold up is to get the kitten on exhibit. They have lost both the time he is at his cutest and the time where he will bring in the greatest number of visitors. It cannot take them all summer to baby proof an exhibit, especially when his birth wasn't a surprise. They have had since late April or early May when he was born and survived to do the work. He couldn't have gone on exhibit until he had all of his shots which would have been about 8 weeks (for most cat species) or sometime in July. Ember must be getting pretty bored having been cooped up for the past 4 months.
    • cypher
      And aside from this little house structure that Ryan is sleeping in, it doesn't look like any construction has been done on the exhibit. I feel the zoo really dropped the ball on this one.
    • TZFan
      It is baffling as to why they would waste such a well timed birth during a summer with no other crowd drawing babies. Sure there is the kangaroo joey, the kudu calf and the hoped for but unsuccessful camel and zebra pregnancies. The lynx kitten wouldn't have been a massive draw but he could have been a bit of a draw.

With so much time since his birth, plus the time proceeding his birth, I wonder what the hold up is.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    cypher
    Date:
    22 Aug 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    193.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1067px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7100
    Date / Time:
    2015:08:21 10:28:56
    Exposure Time:
    1/200 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1600
    Focal Length:
    200 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).