Join our zoo community
Talli

Manatee mailbox

taken June 09 These are common in the Florida Keys. If I ever drive there again, I swear I'm going to bring one home.

Manatee mailbox
Talli, 13 Mar 2010
    • Talli
      taken June 09

These are common in the Florida Keys. If I ever drive there again, I swear I\'m going to bring one home.
    • Chlidonias
      this reminds me of those times when you get a knock on the door and when you answer there's some manatee standing there holding a donation box trying to collect money so his class can go on a school trip.
    • DavidBrown
      I HATE when that happens. My doormat is always sopping wet for days afterwards.
    • Chlidonias
      worst is when they are wearing long pants so you can't see the tail, and you're thinking "is that a manatee or a dugong?". So you try to bluff your way through it hoping you won't need to say their name.
    • Zooish
      Count yourselves lucky! I NEVER get manatees (or dugongs) knocking on my door :(
    • JBZvolunteer
      This makes me think the lady on the island that I visited in florida over the summer that recounted how the local american crocodile Wilma would walk across her yard everymorning to get to her sunning spot. One morning when the lady went to get her paper in her driveway she found it earlier than expected. It was sitting on her porch with crocodile teethmarks!! :)
    • Chlidonias
      ...and the paperboy was never found!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Parker Manatee Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    Talli
    Date:
    13 Mar 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: