Join our zoo community
Zooish

Mandai Nature Precinct

Mandai Nature Precinct
Zooish, 21 Jan 2017
Beastking04 and PAT like this.
    • Zooish
      Base map is from Mandai Park Holdings' press release, with additional annotations (in smaller text) by me.

This is the masterplan for the 120 hectare Mandai Nature Precinct, which will incorporate the existing Singapore Zoo, River Safari and Night Safari with the relocated Bird Park and a new Rainforest Park. There will also be an indoor nature-themed attraction and accommodation. It will be opening in phases, starting from 2020.

The annotated exhibits and features of the new parks are tentative and subject to change.
      zooboy28 likes this.
    • zooboy28
      This looks so exciting @Zooish, can't wait to see how it develops.
      Do you think there will be much in the way of new mammal species at the rainforest park, or will it largely replicate those in the Zoo and Night Safari? Is either likely to lose species that relocate to the rainforest park? Hopefully the skypods are slower than the Amazon River Quest and decent views and photography are possible.
      Also, how will visitors move between the two parts of rainforest park? The entrances are not very close...
    • Zooish
      @zooboy28 I think most of the animals for the Rainforest Park will come from the Zoo and Night Safari's existing collection. Moving some of the SE Asian species to the Rainforest Park will free up the other parks to expand their non-SE Asian collection. For instance, for the Zoo's new masterplan in the works, 2 future exhibits being considered are themed after the Congo and Madagascar.

There will be a "people mover system" between the 2 arrival nodes. But the mode of transport hasn't been decided yet.
      zooboy28 likes this.
    • FunkyGibbon
      I hope they still call it the 'people mover system', whatever it is!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Singapore - Other
    Uploaded By:
    Zooish
    Date:
    21 Jan 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.2 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    2000px
    Height:
    1415px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).