Join our zoo community
Gigit

Maned wolf enclosure again, February 2020

Tags:
Maned wolf enclosure again, February 2020
Gigit, 5 Feb 2020
    • Gigit
      All the hedge and tree felling around this enclosure has revealed this building. I'd always assumed, from the little bit that used to be visible behind a gate, that it was a small shed but it looks like a row of stables. I'm struggling to remember what was there before the maned wolves, and, indeed, the mandrills, but a quick look at a couple of old maps shows there used to be various antelopes in that area. Maybe ostriches? Cheetahs?
      The mandrills are just to the left of the photo, the red building is the Education Department, the roof in between belongs to the insects and amphibians.
      TNT likes this.
    • TNT
      @Gigit I was also confused when I saw the size of the building... I had no idea! Took a picture from the exact same spot earlier haha!
      Gigit likes this.
    • gentle lemur
      My 1983 guidebook doesn't show this building. All the paddocks at that end of the zoo are numbered, from the current kangaroo paddock around to the rhinos, including everything south the main path (except the area around the current Nocturnal House*) but it simply lists blackbuck, red lechwe, eland, deer, zebras, ostriches and guanacos without specifying where each was: I guess they were shifted around from time to time. My pencilled note on the map says that I saw blackbuck in the former (perhaps future) maned wolf paddock as shown.
      * that area held penguins, Pets Corner and Zoo Quest (and I've no idea what that was o_O).
      Gigit likes this.
    • TNT
      I shall take a look at some old maps in the library today :)
      Gigit likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Paignton Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Gigit
    Date:
    5 Feb 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    1.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1642px
    Height:
    1095px
    Aperture:
    f/3.6
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-FZ1000
    Date / Time:
    2020:02:05 13:11:04
    Exposure Time:
    10/2000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 160
    Focal Length:
    24.99 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).