Join our zoo community
Maguari

Mangabey Enclosure at Wissel Zoo, Epe, 01/06/12

Home to what I understand to be the only Agile Mangabeys outside Africa.

Mangabey Enclosure at Wissel Zoo, Epe, 01/06/12
Maguari, 9 Jul 2012
snowleopard and UngulateNerd92 like this.
    • Maguari
      Home to what I understand to be the only Agile Mangabeys outside Africa.
    • sooty mangabey
      Is this group reproducing at all, or is it simply fading away? There's something rather sad about the idea of a species such as this - and the various other mangabeys and guenons - slipping away from the world zoo scene.
    • Maguari
      Fading away, I fear.

Interestingly, I've just noticed since posting this that according to Zootierliste there is a single individual in the unlikely-sounding Sochi Monkey Nursery, so they may not be unique.
    • ZOOgr
      Did you see only 2 animals?
    • Pertinax
      Photo reminds me rather of the rare Golden-bellied Mangabey pair at Port Lympne which I saw again just a month or so back,- they have never bred since they have had them- the male is very geriatric, (if he's still alive) and no further animals have ever been added to try to promote breeding-a problem in obtaining more animals or a lack of interest after getting them initially? A bit of both I suspect.
    • Maguari
      Yes, just the two. I'm sure there were at least twice that number when I was last at Epe in 2004.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Dierenpark Wissel (Closed)
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    9 Jul 2012
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    543.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1200px
    Height:
    1600px
    Aperture:
    f/2.8
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S7000
    Date / Time:
    2012:06:01 07:48:39
    Exposure Time:
    10/800 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    7.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).