Join our zoo community
mhale

Marabou storks at Eagle Heights, 10 September 2011

Marabou storks at Eagle Heights, 10 September 2011
mhale, 17 Sep 2011
    • bigcat speciali
      Not what you would call a stimulating or even an enriching enclosure, poor design, poor requirements, shocking. Does E.H. have a licence for these? and what if any enrichment programmes or enclosure design requirements are E.H. reporting to?
    • FBBird
      Marabou Storks

As far as I know these are 'demo' birds and this is their 'stable'. They get enrichment and excercise when performing.
    • bigcat speciali
      "demo" and "stable"...sounds like the birds are in a supermarket or some high-tech store! Come on; the enclosure these birds are in are an utter shambles and not fit for porpose, its done on the cheap, its poor shoddy and lacks any real and true imagination let alone have any real enrichment let alone excercise. For a bird that has one of the largest wingspan then this is a sorry state of affairs, sorry but this gets a big thumbs down.
    • Chris Kent
      oh dear, That is quite grim. In your mind's eye, if you remove the murals, that is just a damp concrete room with a branch in it. I'll bet that hole in the wall blows in one hell of a draught on a cold night too, it looks like it goes straight outside :S. Also the rediculous notion that demonstration birds dont need an exciting environment is about as logical as locking your dog in a shed all day because you took it for a walk already. Really sad.
    • stubeanz
      I popped into Eagle Heights on the way home from WHF today and i hate to say it but i was not impressed in anyway.
      Unfortunatly it all seemed quite run down and the marabous enclosure hasn't had anything else added to it, a bit of substrate wouldnt go a miss.

The Huskys seemed to be kept in quite small pens, 4 to each and 1 kennel which i imagine all 4 have to share in unfortunate weather.
      I just wondered if anybody knew if the huskys are given the oppertunity to sled every day? i saw 1 husky being taken for a walk but with 26 huskys... thats alot of walking!
    • elefante
      What a dump!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Eagle Heights
    Uploaded By:
    mhale
    Date:
    17 Sep 2011
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    230 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.5
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S5800 S800
    Date / Time:
    2011:09:10 14:37:06
    Exposure Time:
    10/560 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    6.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).