Join our zoo community
Chlidonias

Marbled Cat (Pardofelis marmorata)

September 2019

Marbled Cat (Pardofelis marmorata)
    • Chlidonias
      This cat was hand-raised and hence very comfortable around people. It preferred to spend its time lying right up at the glass which made photography tricky, to say the least. If photos were taken while standing back, then there were the reflections off the glass to contend with, but equally one couldn't place the lens up to the glass to eliminate the reflections because the cat was literally right at the window.

I think this photo shows quite well how the head looks too small for the body, something much more apparent in real-life than when looking at pictures in books.
    • devilfish
      Wow! So beautiful!
      The contrast of those white ear spots is also shown well here. :)
      It's a much better shot than I was expecting from what you'd said, Chli. Well done!
    • Chlidonias
      @devilfish - let's just say I took a lot of photos to get the few which turned out okay! :D

The ear-spots are very striking. I might look and see what else I have that is passable which show them better.
    • Luke da Zoo nerd
      @Chlidonias It's amazing how it was right there in front of you. You could have gotten really close!
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Taiping Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Chlidonias
    Date:
    1 Nov 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.7 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4272px
    Height:
    2848px
    Aperture:
    f/5.6
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 1100D
    Date / Time:
    2019:09:29 16:14:24
    Exposure Time:
    1/125 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 2000
    Focal Length:
    90 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).