Join our zoo community
toto98

Meerkat exhibit viewing deck

Meerkat exhibit viewing deck
    • MonkeyBat
      Seeing your photos of the place, this zoo looks really nice. That combined with my impressions of Cali make it seem that Columbia is an underrated country for zoos. How are they in the rest of the country?
      toto98 likes this.
    • toto98
      I would say that there are 3-4 zoos that are definitely worth a visit: Cali, this one and the National aviary. The zoo component at Jaime Duque has also seen major improvements, but that is more of a theme park with a zoo element rather than a zoo on its own. The National aviary has without a doubt the best bird collection in the country, but much like Ukumari they are both still unfinished. I hope that as time goes by and they develop their master plans the institutions will be top notch. Cali is also undergoing extensive renovation permanently so there's multiple exciting plans for the future - although all institutions in Colombia have been badly hit due to Covid, which delays any new plans for a while.

There are multiple other zoos which unfortunately are very old school and require massive renovation. Medellin, Barranquilla, Santa Cruz all have some few nice exhibits but are mostly very old cage-like places. There are a couple of aquariums in Caribbean cities too which could be better but I'd argue they are quite decent.
      MonkeyBat likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Bioparque Ukumari
    Uploaded By:
    toto98
    Date:
    14 Sep 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    13.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    6000px
    Height:
    4000px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D7200
    Date / Time:
    2020:09:13 12:07:24
    Exposure Time:
    10/16000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 320
    Focal Length:
    18 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).