Join our zoo community
TinoPup

Metro Richmond - Orangutan island in safari area

Metro Richmond - Orangutan island in safari area
TinoPup, 1 Dec 2019
    • snowleopard
      Hmmm...many of the enclosures at Metro Richmond Zoo leave a lot to be desired. There are some ghastly-looking reptile vivariums, many chain-link cages with primates and birds, and then a small, fairly barren orangutan island with a dangerous moat that has no hotwire protecting the apes from tumbling into the water. Even the indoor housing is a total eyesore.
    • TinoPup
      @snowleopard Yeah :( It wasn't *quite* as bad as I was expecting for not being AZA, but it's very clear that even if the owner wanted accreditation, almost every exhibit wouldn't pass inspection. Very few animals have indoor areas, as well, just shade cloths and whatnot. On my walk back to the entrance, one of the Siamangs was actually sitting a bit in the water of their moat.
    • Mai Thai
      What type of Orangutan does the zoo have?
      TinoPup likes this.
    • TinoPup
      @Mai Thai I think they're hybrid? The orangutans in the USA thread discussed them, I believe.
      Mai Thai likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Metro Richmond Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    TinoPup
    Date:
    1 Dec 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    3.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    1960px
    Aperture:
    f/1.7
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SM-G955U
    Date / Time:
    2019:11:26 13:41:26
    Exposure Time:
    1/2128 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    4.25 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).