Join our zoo community
Maguari

Moose exhibit at Whipsnade 08/05/10

Part of the new Wild Wild Whipsnade themed area; this is situated on previously unused land opposite the wolf exhibit.

Moose exhibit at Whipsnade 08/05/10
Maguari, 9 May 2010
    • Maguari
      Part of the new Wild Wild Whipsnade themed area; this is situated on previously unused land opposite the wolf exhibit.
    • ajmcwhipsnade
      Sorry to ask again, but do they have use of the old musk ox enclosue as well
    • Maguari
      Couldn't tell for sure (we did remember the question and look!) - both animals were in the main paddock today though. It would make a certain amount of sense to use the old Musk Ox paddock if they needed to separate for any reason.
    • ajmcwhipsnade
      As you say it would make sense, as good looking as the paddock is...its not the largest ever and the yard outside there house seemed to have a gate for that paddock.

If they are not using it for moose...it seems a good sized paddock that is being wasted
    • Pertinax
      This paddock looks a bit small- do you think its small for two Moose?
    • Maguari
      This is nothing like the full extent of it, but it's not the biggest Moose exhibit I've seen. I suspect the intention is to make use of the old Musk Ox pen eventually, but that is my speculation.

I've attached a few other views of the current paddock.
    • ajmcwhipsnade
      i agree, its not the biggest but i do think it looks good. Plus its a good use of that area of the zoo.

But if they do use the old musk ox paddock, that would double the size of the area for moose so that is fine.

Really annoyed i didnt get to see them when i was there last. We checked there at least three times.
    • Pertinax
      Interesting shots. The area with the pool looks as if it is might be in the area which used to be the original Indian rhino paddock, then was used for Congo buffalo and then completely demolished and grassed over as an 'open' space.
    • Maguari
      If my memory of the old buffalo paddock serves this isn't that area - that was closer to the giraffe paddock. This is directly opposite the wolves and behind the old Musk Ox housing - I'm not aware of this ever being used as a paddock before. Could be wrong though.
    • Pertinax
      No, it sounds like I am wrong- I haven't seen this new exhibit. its not in the same place from what you say.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    ZSL Whipsnade Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    9 May 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count: