Join our zoo community
Arizona Docent

Museum viewed from distance

May 6, 2019

Museum viewed from distance
Arizona Docent, 6 May 2019
    • Arizona Docent
      The Desert Museum is barely visible directly in the middle of the photo (nestled in the hills). I believe these are the off exhibit facilities as visitors do not get a view of this valley from the grounds (this valley would be east of the grounds, though of course when I took this photo I was on the other end looking west). Instead, you get a very nice view from the grounds looking south, which would be left of this photo (and behind the rolling hills).

Normally this view is a pale green, but right now (early May) it is yellow because the palo verde trees are in bloom. This entire area is Tucson Mountain Park, which is a large natural area protected by the county (Desert Museum leases land from them). Just beyond the Museum the county land blends seamlessly with federally protected land in the form of Saguaro National Park west (there is also a Saguaro National Park east on the opposite side of Tucson).
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Arizona-Sonora Desert Museum
    Uploaded By:
    Arizona Docent
    Date:
    6 May 2019
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    377.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    722px
    Height:
    481px
    Aperture:
    f/11.0
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark IV
    Date / Time:
    2019:05:06 07:05:22
    Exposure Time:
    1/320 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 800
    Focal Length:
    200 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).