Join our zoo community
d1am0ndback

New Jaguar Exhibit

The jaguar have only been here for a few months according to a worker.

New Jaguar Exhibit
d1am0ndback, 27 Feb 2017
Coelacanth18 and DelacoursLangur like this.
    • snowleopard
      I am really surprised that this zoo (regarded as a roadside menagerie by many) was able to source jaguars for a brand-new exhibit. I've visited the establishment, witnessed the enormous snake collection but also been dismayed at the 1930's cages that still exist. I'm a little stunned to see this development, plus the zoo's link claims that there are "less than 200 jaguars in zoos worldwide". Does anyone know if that is true? That number seems rather small.

Meet Our Newest Residents - Animal World and Snake Farm
    • d1am0ndback
      @snowleopard I am still confused where white lions even came from, nonetheless jaguar. It is worth mentioning that each year the old exhibits are being replaced by new ones. That cylinder shaped cage for the macaques is now empty and being torn down. This jaguar exhibit removed all the small exhibits in the row it is in. They seem very excited about the new groundhog exhibit since it will have no chain between you and the groundhogs.
      snowleopard likes this.
    • d1am0ndback
      @snowleopard Unfortunately, yes. It is the other side that the jaguar exhibit now is. However, half of these are gone, replaced by a taller and larger, more naturalistic squirrel monkey enclosure and a much larger gibbon exhibit. (pictured in one of the pictures I posted). This zoo is taking in many new animals and it will be only a matter of time before this row is also replaced. They are trying to become AZA, after all
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Animal World & Snake Farm Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    d1am0ndback
    Date:
    27 Feb 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    5.1 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4032px
    Height:
    3024px
    Aperture:
    f/1.7
    Make:
    samsung
    Model:
    SAMSUNG-SM-G930A
    Date / Time:
    2017:02:26 10:23:13
    Exposure Time:
    1/286 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    4.2 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).