Join our zoo community
gentle lemur

Newly released Banggai cardinal fry

The Banggai cardinal fiush is one of the few marine mouthbrooders, so their fry are much larger than most marine fishes. They are said to shelter beween the spines of sea urchins, but the smallest fry in the Chester breeding group seem to prefer the tentacles of the giant anemones in their tank. Aquarium, Chester, 25th June 2010

Newly released Banggai cardinal fry
gentle lemur, 4 Jul 2010
    • gentle lemur
      The Banggai cardinal fiush is one of the few marine mouthbrooders, so their fry are much larger than most marine fishes. They are said to shelter beween the spines of sea urchins, but the smallest fry in the Chester breeding group seem to prefer the tentacles of the giant anemones in their tank. Aquarium, Chester, 25th June 2010
    • Maguari
      That's a wonderful photo!
    • gentle lemur
      Thank you. I did better today. Several more broods have been released, and the aquarists have moved the sea urchins to the front of the tank, so there were more fry to see and to photograph.

Alan
    • Jabiru96
      Beautiful photo.....love the colouration
    • Javan Rhino
      Will you be posting any photos of them amongst the urchins Gentle Lemur?
    • gentle lemur
      I'll post one, but I'm afraid that I won't be able to do it for a couple of days.

Alan
    • Javan Rhino
      No worries :) I look forward to seeing it.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Chester Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    gentle lemur
    Date:
    4 Jul 2010
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    81 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    800px
    Height:
    600px
    Aperture:
    f/7.1
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D300
    Date / Time:
    2010:06:26 10:08:08
    Exposure Time:
    2/100 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 1000
    Focal Length:
    105 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).