Join our zoo community
Moebelle

Oct. 2017 - Asia/Africa/South America - Amur Tiger

Oct. 2017 - Asia/Africa/South America - Amur Tiger
Moebelle, 8 Oct 2017
    • pachyderm pro
      This is a wonderfully edited photo, makes the tiger exhibit look almost completely rock. May not be the most positive image, but great artistry either way.
    • Moebelle
      @pachyderm pro Thank you kindly. It was hard to make it look like the way it is considering the amount of rock around the entire zoo.
    • Arizona Docent
      They call that part of the zoo Asia/Africa/South America? :eek: Really?
    • Moebelle
      @Arizona Docent Look at the map. It's one large circle with animals from each continent placed in their own respective areas. You can call the areas individually by their own single names but together, that is the full name.
    • Milwaukee Man
      This is why I refer the entire area by its separate names based on the map, signs at the Zoo, and what I've previously seen online/grown up with. It seems much more organized:

- Pachyderm Mall (elephant, rhino, hippo, Malayan tapir, bongo/duiker, red river hog)
      - Birch Creek Trail (snow leopard, red panda, bear)
      - Big Cat Country (indoor cat exhibits)
      - Predator/Prey Habitats (Impala Country with antelope, birds, and cheetahs; African Waterhole with zebra, antelope, stork, and lions/hyenas; South America with Baird's tapir, rhea, tortoise, alpaca, and jaguars; and Asia with camels and tiger)
      - Giraffe Experience

Calling it Asia/Africa/South America is clumsy in my opinion.
    • Moebelle
      @Milwaukee Man The zoo itself refers to the area as Africa/Asia/South America ;)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Milwaukee County Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Moebelle
    Date:
    8 Oct 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count: