Join our zoo community
Dan

Old pictures - Borås Zoo in 1968

I have found a few more old zoo photographs from my childhood in another photo album (see earlier uploads in the Borås and Kolmården galleries). The pictures in this album were dated so I know when they were taken. Here is a series of pictures from Borås Zoo, taken in 1968. This picture is so blurred that maybe I should not upload it, but I will so it anyway. It shows a part of the 1200 sq meter enclosure for lions. Groundbreakingly big when created in the beginning of the 1960s but nothing special today. Sizewise it remains unchanged but is of course much better furnished these days. And you CAN see the head of the male lion to the right of the cave, can´t you? :-)

Old pictures - Borås Zoo in 1968
Dan, 25 Dec 2009
    • Dan
      I have found a few more old zoo photographs from my childhood in another photo album (see earlier uploads in the Borås and Kolmården galleries). The pictures in this album were dated so I know when they were taken.

Here is a series of pictures from Borås Zoo, taken in 1968.

This picture is so blurred that maybe I should not upload it, but I will so it anyway. It shows a part of the 1200 sq meter enclosure for lions.

Groundbreakingly big when created in the beginning of the 1960s but nothing special today. Sizewise it remains unchanged but is of course much better furnished these days.

And you CAN see the head of the male lion to the right of the cave, can´t you? :)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Borås Djurpark
    Uploaded By:
    Dan
    Date:
    25 Dec 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    244.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1560px
    Height:
    1600px

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).