Join our zoo community
snowleopard

Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo - Desert Dome

July 2008. This is a staggeringly huge, 300-ton pile of red sand that greets visitors as soon as they enter the famous Desert Dome. It's an amazing entrance to a brilliant set of exhibits that any other zoo would be extremely envious of.

Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo - Desert Dome
snowleopard, 26 Aug 2008
    • snowleopard
      July 2008. This is a staggeringly huge, 300-ton pile of red sand that greets visitors as soon as they enter the famous Desert Dome. It's an amazing entrance to a brilliant set of exhibits that any other zoo would be extremely envious of.
    • mstickmanp
      I saw how this exhibit was made from scratch in "The Ultimate Zoo", and it was amazing how long it took to plan. The show also showed how the Lied Jungle and Kingdoms of the Night were made and planned. I was amazed how detailed the three exhibits were.
    • snowleopard
      Those 3 exhibits that you mention are so incredibly eye-catching that the rest of the zoo appears to be ordinary by comparison. Even though all three areas have a few flaws here and there, overall I think that Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo is one of the top 5 zoos in North America and might even be a candidate for #3 after San Diego and the Bronx. No other zoo around has so many of the world's biggest and best...
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    26 Aug 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    317.3 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/3.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ5
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:29 10:10:43
    Exposure Time:
    10/5000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    4.7 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).