Join our zoo community
Maguari

Orang-Utan outside area at Wuppertal 13/05/09

Orang-Utan outside area at Wuppertal 13/05/09
Maguari, 23 May 2009
DelacoursLangur likes this.
    • snowleopard
      This exhibit appears to be naturalisitc and better than the vast majority of orangutan enclosures found throughout the world.
    • ZooMania
      Wow. Stunning looking enclosure, one of the best ape enclosures i've seen.
    • Maguari
      This is very much a house of two halves (or three thirds). The orang outside areas are very nice, the gorilla outdoors inoffensive but the outdoor enclosures for the small group of chimps and the Bonobos... don't exist. The chimps I suspect are being phased out and there's a patch of land that would be perfect for an outdoor area for the Bonobos. Here's hoping this can be added at some point.
    • Toddy
      I agree with you Maguari and fortunately, as far as I have heard, a new outdoor bonobo exhibit similar to this one will be the next big project in Wuppertal :)
    • Jurek7
      Hihihi,

Photographs lie. This is not a good enclosure. Especially that now you see it all. Orangutans, in fact, have little place to climb. So bushes make it appear nice, but in fact it is not good.

All ape exhibits in Wuppertal are very small, and lots of zoolovers hope they will be rebuilt soon.
    • Animal
      That bad it isnt but for sure not the best ape-enclosure ever ;)
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Zoo Wuppertal
    Uploaded By:
    Maguari
    Date:
    23 May 2009
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    504 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1200px
    Height:
    1600px
    Aperture:
    f/5.0
    Make:
    FUJIFILM
    Model:
    FinePix S7000
    Date / Time:
    2009:05:13 09:38:27
    Exposure Time:
    10/3000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 400
    Focal Length:
    7.8 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).