Join our zoo community
DevinL

Peninsular Pronghorn Exhibit - My First US Zoo Trip

The peninsular pronghorn exhibit has burrowed views of the vast desert landscape beyond

Peninsular Pronghorn Exhibit - My First US Zoo Trip
DevinL, 26 Jul 2018
    • Arizona Docent
      I hope you are enjoying your trip! The Living Desert is one of my favorite zoos, though summer is not the best time to see it!

As a photographer myself, I did notice one thing. I am just trying to offer helpful advice, not a criticism, so don't take it the wrong way. It seems all of your photos are consistently underexposed (e.g. too dark). I wonder if you accidentally (or intentionally) hit the exposure compensation setting and put it to minus one or one and a half? Just something you may want to check.
    • DevinL
      @Arizona Docent I had a great trip, thank you! It was in April, but it has taken me months to upload posts and images.

I appreciate your comments about my photos being underexposed. I thought that part of the problem was just the tilt of my laptop, but my Living Desert photos definitely look darker compared to other photos on Zoochat. My photos look much more vibrant when I make some adjustments in Photoshop (duplicate the layer and set it to screen light). I'll look into changing the settings on my camera.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens
    Uploaded By:
    DevinL
    Date:
    26 Jul 2018
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    7.8 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    4592px
    Height:
    3064px
    Aperture:
    f/11.0
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-GM1
    Date / Time:
    2018:04:21 17:26:09
    Exposure Time:
    10/6400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 200
    Focal Length:
    13 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).