Join our zoo community
Zoofan15

Perth Zoo Map (2002)

January 2002

Perth Zoo Map (2002)
Zoofan15, 17 Oct 2020
    • Zoofan15
      Major changes since 2002 include the phase out of the Syrian bears; the construction of a bull elephant facility; and the renovations to the orangutan exhibits.

A note of the back of this map mentions these plans: “Perth Zoo’s current orangutan enclosures were opened in 1979. Over the years, new technologies and changing zoo philosophies mean that these existing enclosures now need to be upgraded. Plans are in place to complete the new exhibit. It will include an elevated walkway that will provide visitors with a unique and exciting opportunities to view the magnificent orangutans at eye-level.”
      Jambo and Tafin like this.
    • Tafin
      @Zoofan15 How many Syrian bears did Perth Zoo have?
    • Zoofan15
      @Tafin Two Syrian bears left the zoo when they phased the species out. They were sent to Cairns Wildlife Safari. One of them was called Barney and was born 23/07/1980; I don’t know details on the other, but I imagine it was a female.
    • Jambo
      @Zoofan15 Barney was later sent to Taronga I believe?
    • WhistlingKite24
      @Jambo That would be Barney the Kodiak Bear rather than a Syrian. From the exotic mammals thread:

Three siblings were imported to Adelaide Zoo from the Colorado Springs Zoo (USA) in 1978, and then moved on to Taronga Zoo in 1985. Male Barney died in c.July 2005 aged 28, female Cynthia died March 2008 aged 31, and female Bethyl died Oct 2012 aged 35.
      steveroberts and Jambo like this.
    • Zoofan15
      steveroberts and Jambo like this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Perth Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Zoofan15
    Date:
    17 Oct 2020
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3183px
    Height:
    2278px
    Aperture:
    f/2.4
    Make:
    Apple
    Model:
    iPad Air 2
    Date / Time:
    2020:10:17 12:32:38
    Exposure Time:
    1/33 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    3.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).