snowleopard

Pittsburgh Zoo - Beavers

July 2008.

Pittsburgh Zoo - Beavers
snowleopard, 24 Aug 2008
    • okapikpr
      Beaver Kits! What a rare sight!
    • snowleopard
      I believe that there were at least 5 kits in there, and I've seen a similar situation at the Northwest Trek Wildlife Park. The babies are carbon copy versions of the adults.
    • DavidBrown
      Lovely photo snowleopard. Did you like the Pittsburgh Zoo? From photos and reputation they seem to have a nice Africa area for their giraffes, elephants, and rhinos, and a nice aquarium. Were their polar bear, sea otter, and sandtiger shark exhibits open when you visited?
    • snowleopard
      There are two great areas (Kids Kingdom and Aquarium) that make the zoo worthwhile, while the African zone is decent but nothing spectacular. Water's Edge, with polar bears, sea otters and sharks was open when I visited on my summer 2008 road trip but the shark tank was empty and awaiting walruses at the time. Tropical Forest and the Bear Pits are both horrendous and amongst the worst of their kind and overall I did not give the zoo a particularly favourable review. In my opinion there is no way that it would crack America's top 60 zoos if one were to consider zoos of all shapes and sizes.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Pittsburgh Zoo & PPG Aquarium
    Uploaded By:
    snowleopard
    Date:
    24 Aug 2008
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    260.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1200px
    Aperture:
    f/4.3
    Make:
    Panasonic
    Model:
    DMC-TZ5
    Date / Time:
    2008:07:25 12:00:18
    Exposure Time:
    10/400 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    9.3 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).