Plans for Pampas Plains 8/23/15 W.O.L.F

Plans
savethelephant, 30 Aug 2015
    • savethelephant
      Plans for Pampas Plains
      8/23/15
      W.O.L.F
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      It's worth noting that these are outdated plans. These were originally for what was to be the Andes Adventure exhibit. However, the project was abandoned for a while due to financial issues.
      The current South American Adventure plan is a redesign of the Andes Adventure. Most of the two plans are similar in terms of species and design , but there are a few changes. There are no Capybara in the current plan, and there are Greater Rheas in the Darwin's Rheas' place. Jaguars were also planned for Andes Adventure, but are not a part of this plan. Also, this design has elevated viewing over a pool of water for anteaters, but as you saw, the viewing isn't over the pool in Pampas Plains now.
    • savethelephant
      Is the tapir and andean bear still part of it? Along with chinchilla and others shown on the other sign.
      Also, is the rhea darwin or greater ATM?
      And BTW you could see the top pool from the elevated viewing.
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      South American Adventure will consist of all the animals in the Rainforest building and in Pampas Plains. The former peccary yard will be converted into a spider monkey/tapir exhibit, and Andean Bears will be in the wooded area near anteaters and behind prairie dogs. There may maras in the prairie dog exhibit and coatis with the bears.
      Greater Rhea.
      Thanks for letting me know. I look forward to seeing the exhibit myself soon. :)
    • savethelephant
      Oddly, I didn't see any prarie dogs on my visit...
    • BeardsleyZooFan
      Considering that there's a ton of prairie dogs there and it's summer when they're all out does seem very odd. We may be getting more changes sooner than I thought. ;)
    • Kifaru Bwana
      Still looks a fine project.

I am sincerely hoping they get Darwin's rhea in the end yet ...

Is it not true Beardsley is also due for vicuna from Europe????
    • savethelephant
      It's true. I believe it's Berlin that's exporting them.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Connecticut's Beardsley Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    savethelephant
    Date:
    30 Aug 2015
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    244.8 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1600px
    Height:
    1072px
    Aperture:
    f/4.0
    Make:
    NIKON CORPORATION
    Model:
    NIKON D40X
    Date / Time:
    2015:08:24 00:15:33
    Exposure Time:
    10/300 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 560
    Focal Length:
    25 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).