Join our zoo community
Mr Wrinkly

Plush-Crested Jay

Early this year a friend and I watched this jay and a motmot having a war over a mitten left on a stroller. Today the friend sent me this E from the zoo: "I've been following this funny bird for about half an hour. It has stolen a kids mitten, a pencil, a package of crackers which it managed to open, eat some, and stash the rest away. It then went back to the stroller smorgasbord and stole an open bag of chips, eating and stashing again! Too funny!"

Plush-Crested Jay
Mr Wrinkly, 10 Nov 2014
    • Mr Wrinkly
      Early this year a friend and I watched this jay and a motmot having a war over a mitten left on a stroller.

Today the friend sent me this E from the zoo:

I have been following this funny bird for about half an hour. It has stolen a kids mitten, a pencil, a package of crackers which it managed to open, eat some, and stash the rest away. It then went back to the stroller smorgasbord and stole an open bag of chips, eating and stashing again! Too funny!
    • TZFan
      Are they the ones stealing all the socks from peoples dryers?

Funny how they have taken to stealing from zoo guests. I guess if people arent going to take care of their things the birds are entitled to make use of those things. It is their exhibit after all.
    • AverageWalrus
      In the bird's mind

"Foolish Humans, i shall steal your belongings and build an EMPIRE!"
    • TZFan
      That's a good one.:D
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Toronto Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Mr Wrinkly
    Date:
    10 Nov 2014