Join our zoo community
ro6ca66

Polar bear : Yorkshire WP : 11 Nov 2017

Ursus maritimus.

Polar bear : Yorkshire WP : 11 Nov 2017
ro6ca66, 13 Nov 2017
migdog, PAT, Moebelle and 1 other person like this.
    • ro6ca66
      Three (of the current four) polar bears in one of the enclosures at the Project Polar exhibit complex.

All four bears had access to all three exhibit areas. The one at the bottom of this photo seemed to be quite wary of the one at the top (sorry, I don't know who's who); the middle bear seemed to get on well with both the others here.
    • Big Rob
      The nearest bear is either Nobby or Nissan,they are very hard to tell apart. The one furthest away is definitely Victor,he is the oldest by far and is infact the Grandfather of Pixel who I think is the middle bear.Pixel gets on with every one,but Nobby and Nissan are still very wary of Victor due to his massive size. All he wants to do is play,but try telling that to the 2 smaller bears! There is so much room at Y.W.P.(about 6-7 acres now enclosure 3 is open) that its never an issue,but I always feel sorry for Victor. Its a good job Pixel plays with him or I am certain he would be suffering now with the stress of trying to befriend Nissan and Nobby.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Yorkshire Wildlife Park
    Uploaded By:
    ro6ca66
    Date:
    13 Nov 2017
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    672.2 KB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    1018px
    Height:
    1280px
    Aperture:
    f/7.1
    Make:
    Canon
    Model:
    Canon EOS 5D Mark III
    Date / Time:
    2017:11:11 14:44:24
    Exposure Time:
    1/100 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 100
    Focal Length:
    200 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).