Join our zoo community
Ursus

Porcupine & Prairie-dog enclosure

Porcupine & Prairie-dog enclosure
Ursus, 26 Apr 2022
    • SivatheriumGuy
      I'm sad the bighorns are no longer at the park but this is definitely a good addition to have at the Desert.
    • DelacoursLangur
      @SivatheriumGuy Yeah, definitely a big downgrade, but still at least the renovations look nice.
    • Ursus
      @DelacoursLangur
      What?
      A downgrade why? Cause they lost a rare species?

The exhibit looks so good and is very lively with the birds as well!
      Definitely NOT a big downgrade, but a upgrade!!
    • DelacoursLangur
      @Ursus I just happen to think the bighorn sheep added a lot to this exhibit complex, and it is a shame they are no longer being displayed. Its completely subjective whether its a downgrade or not, I definitely agree that the exhibit looks nice.
    • Ursus
      I think this current iteration of the exhibit is much more valuable for the hall.
      Many birds make usage of the new trees to perch and roost, it's more lively and less of a eye-sore
    • Mr Gharial
      Definitely an upgrade in exhibit terms. Visually, for the free-roaming birds, and for the inhabitants!

A mild downgrade, species-rarity wise. But also a mild upgrade species-wise, as the prairie dogs are a rather active and popular species and the porcupines are much more interesting and not held in Dutch zoos (I know the Bighorns were rarer, but to the average zoo-goer they are "just sheep")
      Ursus likes this.
    There are no comments to display.
  • Category:
    Burgers' Zoo
    Uploaded By:
    Ursus
    Date:
    26 Apr 2022
    View Count:
    Comment Count:

EXIF Data

File Size:
    2.4 MB
    Mime Type:
    image/jpeg
    Width:
    3264px
    Height:
    2448px
    Aperture:
    f/2.4
    Make:
    HUAWEI
    Model:
    MAR-LX1A
    Date / Time:
    2022:04:26 09:19:50
    Exposure Time:
    3317000/1000000000 sec
    ISO Speed Rating:
    ISO 50
    Focal Length:
    2.699 mm

Note: EXIF data is stored on valid file types when a photo is uploaded. The photo may have been manipulated since upload (rotated, flipped, cropped etc).